Most people in the United Kingdom are not fully aware of the many different parties that are around in the country. These are parties that are responsible for many things like helping to determine new laws in the country, opening new driving schools and post offices and even regulating the standards that all driving schools are going to be utilized.
Many people associate the UK government with the Liberal Democrats, Conservative and Unionist Party and the Labour Party. However, there are many smaller parties that focus on managing many parts of the UK. These are parties that do hold some control in the House of Commons even if they are minimal in size.
Here is a good look at some of the many different smaller parties that may be found all around the UK:
- The Sinn Fein party is an Irish republican party that is mostly based out of Northern Ireland. The party focuses on the desire to unity the entire island of Ireland.
- The UK Independence party is supportive of the UK breaking away from the rest of the European Union.
- The Traditional Unionist Voice is a small party that is against the St Andrews Agreement, a policy used to control the political functions used in Northern Ireland.
- The Respect Party is a socialist party that places an emphasis on anti-war activities.
- The Plaid Cymru, or Party of Wales, is one that focuses on the desire for Wales to become independent from the rest of the UK.
- The Scottish Green Party is a party that focuses on social justice and the concept of grass roots politics where the people are going to have more control over what the government does in general. This party favours Scottish independence and uses this as its key platform.
- The Green Party of England and Wales is another such Green party in the UK. This is one that is more on the republican side of things. It wants to get rid of the concept of a monarchy and create the use of a head of state that is not from some hereditary line. This is especially with the intention of trying to keep the nation’s monarchy from having far too much power.
There are many other smaller parties to take a look at when seeing how the UK works. These are all very different in terms of what they have to offer but this is just a sign of how varied the government in the UK can be. There is clearly a strong sense of variance in the government around the country based on the beliefs that many people hold.
These are not going to be the most powerful parties in the United Kingdom’s political scene but they are all ones that are rather important for people to take a look at. These are parties that are strong in power and could really make a difference in terms of how everything in the UK from driving schools to tax laws can develop as time goes along.